Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm so excited!

Spring break officially started for me at 3:05 this afternoon! I cannot tell you how happy I am about this. I am envisioning a week full of non-stop writing and I just cant wait. I plan to pretend that I am a full time writer this week- live the dream, baby!

I really (really, really) want to have my first draft done by Thursday afternoon. Why Thursday? Because on Thursday night Maddie is coming over to participate in the first ever "Maddie-Rems Writer's Conference" (more on that later), and I am determined that by the time she arrives I will have a complete draft ready. I want to spend the time we have dedicated for writer's conference on editing, revising, coming to terms with gimp software (for my cover), and possibly even starting book 2 of my trilogy.

So in order to accomplish this, I need to write approximately 24000 words in the next 7 days. That's a tall order, I know. But I also know that they dont need to be perfect words, or the final words. I just need a template, a base from which to get the story cleaned up.

So, on that note, I am off to get a few thousand words in before bed. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment